The Green Design Lab Sustainable Schools Network (SSN) is Solar One’s online resource that gives teachers access to curriculum and a range of technical support. SSN membership provides teachers with the entire GDL curriculum – Energy, Materials Science, Water, Food, and Air Quality – and program services including: video tutorials, energy challenge assistance, technical assistance for teachers, and sustainability project support. The SSN allows for schools to engage with Solar One educators and resources over the long term. Membership in Solar One’s SSN includes the following:
- Curriculum: Digital copies of Green Design Lab curriculum with student informational texts and full of dozens of hands-on STEM activities covering 5 exciting units: Energy, Materials, Water, Food, and Air.
- Standards Alignment: Downloadable documents aligning curriculum to Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core, and more.
- Technical Support via Access to our Educators by Phone/Email:
- Curriculum implementation in your classroom
- School greening project assistance
- Help starting a school wide energy challenge
- Web-based Resources: on sustainability projects, green careers, activity supply vendors, and much more.
- Participation in GDL Energy Challenge: Reduce your school’s energy use and greenhouse gas footprint. Top schools saved 20-33% compared to the prior two years.
Cost: $250 for one teacher; $1,000 for an entire school
To register, please complete the form here and we will contact you.